I was seeking acceptance, I guess. As I do everyday.
- Picked pants that made my butt look desirable.
- Dressed like what my friend would call a “politician’s son”.
- Spritzed my favorite cologne so that I might smell like the perfect amount of sex.
- Fluffed my hair to no end.
- Pretended to read on the subway platform.
… All to impress a guy whom I have never spoken to in my life. What? Yeah, some dumb shit going on here.
Ok, he’s in the train station every Monday morning, Grindr proves he’s gay, it’s a thing. He doesn’t seem to want to respond to my existence over a demonic orange app, but who cares? I woke up on a mission.
-he walked past me with some model twink boy-
I looked hot that day, so fine. The only thing that bothered me about the whole ordeal was that I did these things for someone other than myself.
But now I will…
DRESS. SMILE. LAUGH. and
BE THE BEST PERSON I CAN BE…